This is a real favorite of ours and it took a few tries before really perfecting it. I think I even posted an older recipe but I think this is how we’ll do it for now on! Now depending on how big your family is or if you want leftovers adjust the measurements to what works for you. Honestly it’s really hard to mess this on up! Try to use coconut oil to add a sweet flavor to the dish. Hope you enjoy it!
4 Chicken breasts
2c Gluten free rolled oats
2tsp Dried Garlic, onion flakes, salt, pepper, and dried basil
1-1/2c Coconut oil
2c Shredded mozzarella cheese
2-3c Tomato sauce (enough to cover the chicken)
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a food processor blend up the GF rolled oats and spices. Don’t be afraid to blend up more if needed. The mix should be close to powder consistency.
2. Crack and beat your eggs in a medium sized bowl. Take your rolled oats mix and lay it on a large plate or pie dish (pie dish works the best because it’s deep enough that your mix doesn’t get all over the counter)
In a large pan add the coconut oil.
3. Put your chicken, beaten eggs, oat mix and large pan in a line. This is key so that you don’t spread your mess around the kitchen.
4. Take your first chicken and dunk it into the eggs. Make sure it’s well covered in egg goo. Then transfer chicken from the eggs to the the oat mix. Coat the chicken well. Then move chicken into the pan. Repeat till pan is full.
5. Sauté the chicken at a medium high heat till outside is brown. Add more coconut oil if needed.
Transfer chicken to a deep cooking dish. Cover the chicken with the shredded mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce. Place in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
Serve with your favorite veggie, gluten free pasta, or gluten free garlic bread (Udi’s hotdog buns work the best!)