These are awesome! Thank you Minimalist Baker
BANANA ALMOND MEAL MUFFINS (GLUTEN FREE + VEGAN OPTIONAL)
Light breakfast or snack muffins made with banana, almond meal, oat flour and agave or honey. Gluten free, slightly nutty and sweet, and so deliciously healthy.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 Tbsp water) or sub 2 small eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 3 Tbsp agave nectar, maple syrup or honey if not vegan
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla or plain almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup almond meal (ground from raw almonds)
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp oat flour (ground from GF oats)
- Optional toppings: chopped nuts, rolled oats, crumb topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with 8 paper liners.
- In a large bowl, prepare flax egg by mixing flaxseed + water and letting rest for a few minutes.
- Next add bananas and mash. Add agave, baking powder, vanilla, almond milk and stir.
- Add almond meal and oat flour and stir once more. Taste to see if it needs more sweetener. I added a touch more because I prefer sweeter muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean and they become somewhat firm to the touch with a little give.
- Remove and let rest in pan for 5 minutes. Then cool all the way on a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap for several days. Freeze for longer storage.