This is a real favorite of ours and it took a few tries before really perfecting it. I think I even posted an older recipe but I think this is how we’ll do it for now on! Now depending on how big your family is or if you want leftovers adjust the measurements to what works for you. Honestly it’s really hard to mess this on up! Try to use coconut oil to add a sweet flavor to the dish. Hope you enjoy it!
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a food processor blend up the GF rolled oats and spices. Don’t be afraid to blend up more if needed. The mix should be close to powder consistency.
2. Crack and beat your eggs in a medium sized bowl. Take your rolled oats mix and lay it on a large plate or pie dish (pie dish works the best because it’s deep enough that your mix doesn’t get all over the counter)
In a large pan add the coconut oil.
3. Put your chicken, beaten eggs, oat mix and large pan in a line. This is key so that you don’t spread your mess around the kitchen.
4. Take your first chicken and dunk it into the eggs. Make sure it’s well covered in egg goo. Then transfer chicken from the eggs to the the oat mix. Coat the chicken well. Then move chicken into the pan. Repeat till pan is full.
5. Sauté the chicken at a medium high heat till outside is brown. Add more coconut oil if needed.
Transfer chicken to a deep cooking dish. Cover the chicken with the shredded mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce. Place in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
Serve with your favorite veggie, gluten free pasta, or gluten free garlic bread (Udi’s hotdog buns work the best!)
My little sister, who will in fact be the worlds next great chef, gave us this recipe she tried in school. It’s very cheesy and incredibly good! I used more cheese at the bottom and instead of muffin cups I used a casserole dish. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
1 cup uncooked gf elbow macaroni
3 cups of rice crispies (make sure the box says gluten free) , finely crushed
2 1/2- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted, divided
1/2 cup frozen peas (optional)
1 can flaked tuna (optional)
1 tbsp gf flour blend (Robin Hood’s gluten free flour mix worked well)
1 cup warmed milk
1 egg yolk slightly beaten
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg white beaten untill stiff and but not dry
1. Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package
2. Move oven rack to lower third of oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly greese 12 regular-size muffin cups or casserole dish
3. In a medium bowl, mix crushed cereal, 1- 2 cups of cheese and 4 tbsp of the melted butter. Divide mixture among muffin cups; press firmly in bottom and up sides of cups with a spoon
4. In a sauce pan stir together the remaining 1 tbsp melted butter and flour blend with whisk; cook over medium heat for 1 min. Gradually stir in warmed milk with whisk; cook and stir for 5 mins or until thickened.
5. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup of the cheese until melted. stir in cooked macaroni, egg yolk and salt, fold in beaten egg white. Spoon in about 1/4 mixture into each crust-lined cup, top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese
6. Bake for about 20 min or until golden and puffed let it cool for 5 min, remove from pan and serve warm